Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 3, 2011

TestoGenius Festival! (Part Two), Puppets and The Boys Next Door!

This was the most reasonable picture I found on Google Images when searching "Father and Son".

So the "Father/Son" play is finished!  Still haven't figured out a title yet, but I'm happy with my process this time around, more so than other things that I've written.

Also, I want to try something a little different this time before submitting and that's to have actors read the script before making another draft of the play.  A little bit of workshopping if you will.  I know what it sounds like in my head but thats not whats going to be on the stage.  Pretty excited at the prospect!  Hopefully, I can get something done by the end of the week.  Deadline for postmark is Mar. 15th.



I've been working with Angela Beasley on a show about Juliette Gordon Low.  Very fun show and it's performed for senior citizens around Savannah.  Nice having a consistent show to do with her again.  I like working for her because it's a reminder that a performance should be fun, regardless of what you're doing.  You should have a good time.  Or at least try to.



Last, but not least, last night I auditioned and was asked to play Jack in a production of The Boys Next Door at Bay Street Theatre!  Get to work with that crowd again and I get to act opposite Chris Soucy, a feat that Savannah theatre hasn't seen in TEN YEARS!

I'm at the age now where I get to say that about people.  I think it's a good thing.  It means that I haven't given up.  It means that I've worked hard at something, in a sense.  And given other things that have happened in my life, that means quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment