Total Pageviews

Friday, March 4, 2011

Artistic Fiber in the Water

"Workshop" with the actors yesterday went well.  Wasn't looking for feedback, just wanted to hear how everything sounded in new mouths and brains.  It sounded awkward as hell.  Not because of the actors but because of how I wrote it.  BUT some crucial points were brought up in my own head.  Thanks to Peter and Katie for reading through it.  Especially, Katie given that she had no heads up about the reading.  And Peter made a good comment off-hand.
To TestoGenius Festival Website! (To the TUBES!)

Had the first read-through for The Boys Next Door last night.  It's a weird way of putting it, but it's great working in a "regular" play.  That's to say something with a little structure, no music, just a plain and simple story.  I haven't played a character like Jack in a long time (if ever) and I'm looking forward to it.  Lots of monologues too and that's always a good thing.

It's a wonderful feeling in general.  It's like with the coming of spring, there's been a Spring Awakening for me and for everyone around.  It's like artistic fiber has been put in the water... don't quote me on that metaphor.  I feel good about writing and acting and, if things go my way, directing as well.  I miss directing already, it's like quitting smoking; I can feel the withdrawals in my arms.



Also, have a interview on Monday for a 'real' job.  Hopefully that works out.  That way, my evenings are free for these kinds of artistic endeavors.  You never know how things will work out, but at least, if I get the job, I would have the peace of mind to create without worrying about creditors and the like.

Wish I could go see Frost/Nixon at Muse Arts Warehouse this weekend.  Won't have the time do so, but it's always important to support local awesome.  Really excited for Chris Blair too.  He's worked hard for a very long time and I'm sure he'll tear the thing apart.  I like that there's something consistent in Savannah.  At least in a sense.  There's more than one group with more than one project coming down the pipeline.  What's more, I get the feeling that things are only going up, in quantity and quality.  Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment