Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

TestoGenius Festival! (Part Three)

I might have read the website incorrectly.  On one section of the site, they say that the submission has to be postmarked by March 15th, another said that the deadline was February 20th.  Emailed the theatre company to be clear as to what the real date is.  I have a feeling it's the former since that's the most visible.

In any case, I'm proud of what I wrote.  It's been a while since I wrote something with this kind of focus.  Again, I like deadlines and themes.  I work well in an academic climate because of this.  I never felt that stuffy about school.  Maybe that's part of the reason why I've floundered in writing since 2007.

The play is about a son talking with his dad about his divorce.  I wanted to make something where the son and the father were "close" to each other.  They acted like one another, dressed like each other but over the course of the action, the son struggles to become something different, even though it gets ugly for him.  The son loses it along the way and the father tries to regain control of the situation. 


Thankfully, nothing that weird shows up when you type "Greek Father and Son"
Normally, I put everything up on www.offbookmarket.com and www.scripped.com the second that everything meets my approval, but I'm going to hold off until March 18th.  Assuming that they are still taking submissions at this point, that's the date that they make the announcement of who's in the festival.  

I'll be on tenterhooks until the time arrives.  Excited at just the idea that someone in New York is going to be reading and judging the play!  It's not something that I've done before.  First time for everything.

If it doesn't work out for TestoGenius, there's always a chance of getting a night of short plays together and producing it here in town.  Wouldn't be that expensive and would be an insane amount of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment