Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Waiting Is the Hardest Part and the Next Step

The Hungarian National Theatre:  A Beautiful Building!
I sprung for the delivery confirmation for the play I sent to TestoGenius and it got there this morning at about 10:00am.  Announcement comes on Friday and I'm wondering whether or not its actually going to be on Friday.  At least for mine, I know that they got it in plenty of time to read and make the final decision.

I became worried that maybe what I wrote was too weird or experimental.  I remember reading that somewhere in the description, but before I submitted it, the word didn't appear to me.  I'm probably in a frame of mind where I'm trying to prep myself for failure.  But, either way, I'm really excited that I know that someone in New York City is reading the play and would think about producing it, even if it is minimal.

Steeeeeeeve Perry!
Started to look around for the next project.  I keep on finding myself wanting to go back and rework things that I already have.  The other night at rehearsal, Chris was talking about the Journey musical, so I suppose that should really be the next key focus.  Also on the back-burner is to go back over a play I wrote in college called "Wake".

Hamlet!  Why so blue, panda bear?!
Was offered a job at a medical supplier in town.  Not enough to quit the tours, but it'll create a more stable element in my income.  That means peace of mind and that means higher output of work (hopefully).

Also I want to start thinking about producing Hamlet again, whether at the Savannah Children's Theatre or not.  Muse would be an excellent space for it.  If I ever get a chance to go into more Theatre of the Poor, I would go to town on Hamlet.  But look at him!  He probably couldn't stand to have anyone go to town on him! 

A little late into the new year, but everything seems to be finding a solid base and that means that it will be easier to take the next step.

But, seriously, I should get crackin' on that Journey musical.  If you have any info about getting the rights to perform the music in this format, leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment