Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 27, 2011

TestoGenius Festival: The Final Update! (?)



Here's manhattan theatre source's website!

I got an email this morning saying that my play, The Errant Knaves, has been selected for production at the TestoGenius Festival in New York!  I can't believe that I'm going to have something that I wrote produced on the New York Stage!

Quick geek-out:  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

There, glad that got out of my system.

Here's a link to the script that they accepted: The Errant Knaves at Scripped.com

They also asked if I would be able to help out in any other capacity, re: marketing, fundraising and the like.  I don't think that I will be able to to do that much from Savannah, but I do know a few people in NYC that might be able to help.  I will let you know more for that.

Now, I'm looking forward to pictures/videos or really any proof that this has happened.

It's a good thing ot have your work validated.  I remember about six years ago, I was accepted in the Eugene O'Neill program in New England.  I turned it down for two reasons:  one, I didn't want to take out a loan to pay for it.  Two, I had a chance to work at Unto These Hills and wanted to make money instead.

(I actually ended up not making any money at UTH (my own fault), but the principle remains.)

In other news: the re-write of Wake is coming along very well already.  There's a lot more thought put into it going into the actual script-writing, so I'm looking forward to how this one turns out.

Just happy for the email.  It was a wonderful wake up call.

No comments:

Post a Comment