Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Wherein My Intentions Are Announced

The title of this blog comes from an email address that I have (truthissoap@yahoo.com).  The phrase "truth is soap" came to me when I was a freshman in college and I was trying to be profound and insightful.  The philosophy behind it was plain: truth was like soap.  When activated (lathered) it can be difficult to hold onto.  And when one squeezes for a tighter grip, the harder it becomes to contain.  But, whether one holds on to it or not, it has the capacity of making one smell clean and refreshed.  The main purpose wasn't whether or not you held onto the soap or not.  The idea was that you tried, that you attempted.


This blog is meant to be a collection of my thoughts and experiences with writing and with theatre.  It's not meant to be something profound or insightful.  It's not meant to say what is right or wrong with others.  It's meant to get a sharper idea of what is and is not about myself.  The only thing that I can really say about what I see is that it's in my perspective and in my opinion.

I plan on focusing more on art than day to day life.  Maybe that would be best reserved for another blog, but I don't believe that would be necessary.  So, I will get started when the first thought enters my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment